GITAM University Air Pollution and Its Control Syllabus
Air Pollution and its definition – Factors influencing air pollution – Classification of pollutants -particulates – Gases-Sources of pollution – Air quality standards – effects – Location of Industries.
UNIT – II :
Meteorology – Wind roses – lapses rates – mixing depth- atmospheric dispersion – plums behavioraccumulation, estimation of pollutants – Effective stack height – Ambient air quality monitoring and stack monitoring.
Air Pollution effects on human beings, animals, plants and materials, Air Pollution Episodes in India and abroad.
Air quality standards – effects – Location of Industries, Ambient air quality monitoring and stack monitoring.
Control of air pollution – Removal of pollutants – particulate and gaseous – Air pollution control equipments (units) such as settling chamber, cyclones, wet scrubbers/collectors, scrubbers, centrifugal scrubbers spray towers, packed beds, electrostatic precipitators, after burners-absorption – adsorption – Diffusion.
1. T. Painter., Air Pollution Control Technology, Mc.Graw Hill
2. Prof. T. Shivaji Rao, Elements of Air Pollution Control
3. M.N.Rao. & H.V.N.Rao, Air Pollution and its Control, TaTa Mc.Graw Hill, 15th reprint, 2000
4. Dr. B.S.N. Raju, Fundamentals of Air Pollution, Oxford & I.B.H.
5. K.V.S.G Murali Krishna, Air Pollution and its Control, Kanghal & Co.,