Fault Tolerant Computing Elective I Question Papers
B. Tech (CSE) Degree Examination
Forth Year – First Semester
FAULT TOLERANT COMPUTING (ELECTIVE-I)
Effective from the admitted batch of 2004-2005
Time: 3 hrs
Max Marks: 70
First Question is Compulsory
Answer any four from the remaining questions
All Questions carry equal marks
Answer all parts of any question at one place
1. a) Define reliability and failure rate
b) Give an example for temporary fault in digital circuit
c) What is PODEM?
d) Give an example for stuck-at-fault
e) Explain signature analysis
f) What is the importance of fault tolerance?
g) What is testability?
2. a) Distinguish between Maintainability and Availability
b) What is fault modeling? Explain with a suitable example circuit.
3. Explain D-algorithm with an example.
4. Give the detailed procedure for testing of sequential logic circuits as iterative combinational circuits.
5. a) Distinguish between Random testing and Transition count testing.
b) What is static redundancy? How is it used to improvr the fault tolerance.
6. How are the error correcting coeds used to provide a fault tolerant design of memory systems.
7. a) Give a detailed procedure for Syndrome Testable Design
b) Explain in brief how designing testability into logic boards is provided
8. Write short notes on the following:
a) Detection of Multiple Faults b) Practical Fault Tolerant Systems
c) Reed-Muller Expansion technique d) The Two rail Checker