Engineering Chemistry Lab Syllabus JNTU
ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY LAB
List of Experiments (Any 12 of the following):
1 Estimation of hardness of water by EDTA method. (or)
Estimation of calcium in limestone by Permanganometry.
2 Determination of percentage of copper in brass
3 Estimation of manganese dioxide in pyrolusite.
Determination of ferrous iron in cement by colorimetric method.
(Or) Estimation of Copper by Colorimetric method.
Conductometric titration of strong acid Vs strong base.
(or) Conductometric titration of mixture of acids Vs strong base.
Titration of strong acid Vs strong base by potentiometry.
(or) Titration of weak acid Vs strong base by potentiometry.
7. Determination of viscosity of sample oil by redwood/oswald’s viscometer
8. Determination Surface Tension of lubricants.
Identification and Preparations:
9. Identification of functional groups present in organic compounds.
10. Preparation of organic compounds
Asprin (or) Benzimidazole
11. To determine the rate constant of hydrolysis of methyl acetate catalysed by an acid and also the energy of
activation. (or) To study the kinetics of reaction between K2S2O8 and KI.
12. Demonstration Experiments ( Any One of the following) :
a. Determination of dissociation constant of weak acid-by PH metry
b. Preparation of Thiokol rubber
c. Adsorption on Charcoal
d. Heat of reaction
1. Practical Engineering Chemistry by K. Mukkanti, etal, B.S. Publications, Hyderabad.
2. Inorganic quantitative analysis, Vogel.
1. Text Book of engineering chemistry by R. N. Goyal and Harrmendra Goel.
2. A text book on experiments and calculation Engg. S.S. Dara.
3. Instrumental methods of chemical analysis, Chatwal, Anand, Himalaya Publications.