Digital Integrated Circuits EC Syllabus for NIT Jalandhar
EC-465 Digital Integrated Circuits [3 0 0 3]
MOS Inverter: Introduction to resistive – load inverter, inverter with n-type MOSFET load, CMOS inverter Switching Characteristics and Interconnects Effects: Introduction, Delay time definitions, Calculation of delay times, Inverter design with delay constraints, Estimation of interconnect parasitic
Sequential MOS Logic Circuits: Introduction, SR latch circuits, Clocked latch and Flip-flop circuits, CMOS D-latch and edge -triggered flip-flop.
Semiconductor Memories: Introduction, Dynamic random access memory (DRAM), Static random acces memory(SRAM),Non-volatile memory.
Low Power CMOS Logic Circuits: Introduction, Overview of power consumption, Switching power dissipation CMOS inverter, Estimation and optimization of switching activity.
Books Recommended –
1. Rabaey J.M, Chandrakasan A, Nikolic B , “Digital Integrated Circuits- A Design
Perspective”, Second Edition, Prentice Hall
2. S M Kang and Y Lebici,”CMOS Digital Integrated Circuits-analysis and design”, 3rd ed,
3. Pucknell D A and Eshraghian K, “Basic VLSI Design”, Prentice Hall India, New Delhi
4. Glaser L and Dobberpuhl D, “The Design and Analysis of VLSI Circuits”, Addison Wesley
5. Weste N and Eshranghian K, “Principles of CMOS VLSI Design”, Pearson Education Asia