Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University Bhilai (C.G.)
Semester: B.E 1st & 2nd Semester Branch: Common to All Branches
Subject: Applied Physics (Lab) Code: 300228 (15)
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
(Any ten experiments can be performed)
1. To determine the surface tension by Capillary/Jager’s method.
2. To determine the wave length of light by Newton’s rings method.
3. To determine the wave length of light by Fresnel’s Biprism.
4. To determine the focal length of combination of two thin lenses by nodal slide assembly and its verification.
5. To determine specific resistance of a wire by Carry Foster’s Bridge.
6. To determine the Hall coefficient of semiconductor.
7. To determine e/m by Thomson’s method.
8. Study of Photo – Cell and determination of Planck’s constant.
9. Determination of wavelength of a spectral line using diffraction grating.
10. Determination of divergence of LASER beam.
11. Determination of grating element of a diffraction grating using LASER beam.
12. To determine the coefficients of viscosity of a liquid by capillary flow/Stoke’s method.
13. To determine the frequency of A.C. mains using sonometer.
14. To determine the moment of inertia of flywheel.
15 To determine the forbidden energy gap of semiconductor diode.
16. To determine the mechanical equivalent of heat (J) by Calender & Barne’s method.
17. To determine the numerical aperture (NA) of the given fiber cables.
18. To study the characteristics of LDR.