Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University Bhilai (C.G.)
Semester: IInd Branch: Common to All Branches
Subject: Applied Mathematics-II Code: 300214 (14)
UNIT – I
Complex Numbers: De Moivre’s theorem, roots of complex numbers; separtion into real & imaginary parts of circular, hyperbolic, logarithmic & exponential function; summation of trigonometric series by C+iS method.
UNIT – II
Differential Equations of higher order: Linear differential equations of higher order with constant coefficients, method of variation of parameters; Cauchy’s & Legendre’s linerar equations; simultaneous linear equations with constant coefficients.
UNIT – III
Multiple Integrals: Double & triple integrals, change of order of integration; Beta & Gamma functions; application to area & volume.
UNIT – IV
Vector Calculus: Vector operator ; directional derivative, gradient, divergence & curl; line, surface & volume integrals, Green’s, Gauss’s & Stoke’s theorem (without proof) & applications.
UNIT – V
Theory of Equations: Roots of polynomial equations, relations between roots and coefficients; transformation of equations, removal of terms; solution of cubic & biquadratic equatins-Cardon’s & Ferrari’s methods.
1. Higher Engg. Mathematics by B.S. Grewal (38th edition)-Khanna Publishers.
2. Advanced Engg. Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig (8th edition) – John Wiley & Sons.
1. Higher algebra by H.S. Hall & S.R. Knight – A.I.T.B.S. Publishers.
2. Integral Calculus by Gorakh Prasad – Pothishala Private Limited.
3. Advanced Engg. Mathematics by R.K. Jain & S.R.K. Iyengar – Narosa Publishing House.
4. Applied Mathematics by P.N. Wartikar & J.N. Wartikar Vol. (I&II) – Pune Vidhyarthi Griha Prakashan, Pune.
5. Applied mathematics for Engineers & Physicists by Louis A. Pipes – Mc Graw Hill.