CSVTU B.E. VIII Semester Mechanical Engineering Robotics Syllabus
Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai
Semester: B.E. VIII Sem. Branch: Mechanical Engg.
UNIT – I
Introduction to Robotics
Evolution of Robots and Robotics, Laws of Robotics, What is and What is not a Robot, Progressive
Advancement in Robots, Robot Anatomy, Human Arm Characteristics, Design and Control Issues,
Manipulation and Control, Sensors and Vision, Programming Robots, The Future Prospects, Notations.
UNIT – II
Coordinate Frames, Mapping and Transforms
Coordinate Frames, Description of Objects in Space, Transformation of Vectors, Inverting a
Homogeneous Transform, Fundamental Rotation Matrices
UNIT – III
Symbolic Modeling of Robots – Direct Kinematic Model
Mechanical Structure and Notations, Description of Links and Joints, Kinematic Modeling of the
Manipulator, Denavit – Hartenberg Notation, Kinematic Relationship between Adjacent Links,
Manipulator Transormation Matrix.
Introduction to Inverse Kinematic model
UNIT – IV
Robotic Sensors and Vision
The Meaning of Sensing, Sensors in Robotics, Kinds of Sensors used in Robotics, Robotic vision,
Industrial Applications of Vision-Controlled Robotic Systems, Process of Imaging, Architecture of
Robotic Vision Systems, Image Acquisition, Description of Other components of Vision System, Image
Representation, Image Processing.
UNIT – V
Industrial Applications, Material Handling, Processing Applications, Assembly Applications, Inspection
Application, Principles for Robot Application and Application Planning, Justification of Robots, Robot
Safety, Non-Industrial Applications, Robotic application for sustainable Development.
1. Robotics & Control – R.K. Mittal & I.J. Nagrath – TMH Publications
2. Robotics for engineers – Yoram Korean- McGrew Hill Co.
3. Industrial Robotics Technology programming and Applications – M.P.Groover, M.Weiss, R.N.Nagel,
1. Robotics Control Sensing, Vision and Intelligence – K.S.Fu, R.C.Gonzalex, C.S.G.Lee- McGrew hill
2. Kinematics and Synthesis of linkages – Hartenberg and Denavit – McGrew Hill Book Co
3. Kinematics and Linkage Design – A.S. Hall – Prentice Hall
4. Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinary – J.Hirchhorn – McGrew HillBook Company.