CSVTU B.E. VIII Semester Mechanical Engineering Optimization Techniques Syllabus
Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai
Semester: B.E. VIII Sem. Branch: Mechanical Engg.
Subject: Optimization Techniques
Total Marks in End Semester Exam: 80
Minimum number of class tests to be conducted: 2
UNIT – I
Classification of optimization, problems, single variable and multivariable optimization with equality
constraints and Inequality constraints. Convex programming problem.
UNIT – II
Linear Programming – II
Duality in Linear programming, dual simplex method, decomposition principle, sensitivity analysis,
quadratic programming, changes in cost coefficient, golden section method.
UNIT – III
Non-Linear Programming – I
Rate of convergence, Design variables, Random search methods, Chrivariate methods, Powell’s
method, Newton’s method, Marquard Method, Test function.
UNIT – IV
Unconstrained minimization problem, primal dual relationship, geometric programming with mixed Erie
quality, application and complementary function.
Multistage Decision processes. Principles of optimality, continuous dynamic programming.
1. Optimization Techniques – C.S. Rao – Dhanpat Rai & Sons, New Delhi
2. Optimization methods for Engineering Design – R.L. Fox – Addison Wesley Pub
1. Engineering Optimization Theory and Practice – S.S. Rao – New Age Publishers.
2. Introduction to optimum Design – J.S. Arora – Mc. Grawhill publishers
3. Foundation of Mathematical optimization – Pallaschke – Kluwer Academic Publishers