CSVTU B.E. VIII Semester Computer Science Engineering Decision Support System Syllabus
CHHATTISGARH SWAMI VIVEKANAND TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, BHILAI (C.G.)
Semester: VIII Branch: Computer Science & Engg.
Subject: Decision Support System
Overview of different types of decision-making:
Strategic, tactical and operational. Consideration
of organizational structures. Mapping of databases, MIS, EIS, KBS, expert systems, OR
modeling systems and simulation, decision analytic systems onto activities within an
organization. Extension to other ‘non organizational’ areas of decision making. Relationship with
knowledge management systems
Studies of human cognition in relation to decision making and the assimilation of information.
Cultural issues. Implications for design of decision-making support. Communication issues.
Normative, descriptive and prescriptive analysis: requisite modeling. Contrast with recognition
primed decision tools.
Database, MIS, EIS, KBS, Belief nets, data mining. OR modeling tools: simulation and
optimization. History, design, implementation: benefits and pitfalls. Risk assessment. Decision
analysis and strategic decision support.
Group decision support systems and decision conferencing. Intelligent decision support
systems: tools and applications. Cutting-edge decision support technologies. History, design,
implementation: benefits and pitfalls. Deliberative e-democracy and e-participation
1. P.R. Kleindorfer, H.C. Kunreuther, P.J.H. Schoemaker “Decision Sciences: an integration
perspective’ Cambridge University Press 1993
2. G.M. Marakas, Decision support Systems in the 21st Century, Prentice Hall, 1999.
1. E. Turban and J.E. Aronson (2001) Decision support Systems and Intelligent Systems. 6th
Edition. Prentice Hall
2. V.S.Janakiraman and K.Sarukesi, Decision Support Systems, PHI
3. Efrem G. Mallach, Decision Support and Data Warehouse Systems, tata McGraw-Hill