CSVTU B.E. V Semester Mechanical Engineering Industrial Management Syllabus
CHHATTISGARH SWAMI VIVEKANAND TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, BHILAI (C G)
Subject: Industrial Management
UNIT – I
Basic Concepts and Functions of Management Planning
Nature, Purpose and Objectives of Planning, Organizing, Authority and Responsibility, Staffbug, Supply of Human
Resources, Performance Appraisal, social responsibility of manager, social responsibility and social
responsiveness, ethics and management.
UNIT – II
Human Resource Management
Nature and Scope of Human Resource Planning, Training and Development, Recruitment and Selection, Career
Growth, Grievances, Motivation and its types, Need for Motivation, Reward and Punishment, Need, wants,
satisfaction chain. Maslow hierarchy of needs. Quality of working life, job enrichment and job enlargement.
UNIT – III
Marketing Environment: Consumer Markets and Buyer Behaviour, Marketing Mix, Advertising and Sales Promotion,
Channels of Distribution.
Book keeping, financial statement Analysis, Financial Ratios, Capital Budgeting, Break-Even Analysis.
UNIT – IV
Management Information System
Role of information in decision making, Definition of MIS, computer based user machine system, integrated system,
MIS v/s Data processing, subsystem of an MIS, MIS DSS and expert system. Evolution and effectiveness of
UNIT – V
Flexibility in Management
Definition, connotation of flexibility, systematic concept of flexibility, foundation of flexible system
management, types of flexibility and its applications in management of modern organizations.
Strategic and Technology Management
Need, Nature, Scope and Strategy, Corporate strategy, strategic planning, objectives, goal, policies, mission and
vision, SWOT analysis, need and characteristics of Technology Management.
1. Essential of Management: H. Koonz and h. Weihrich
2. Marketing Management – Kotler Philip- Prentice Hall of India
3. MIS conceptual foundation, structure and development, G B Davis & M H Olson.
4. Flexibilty in Management, Sushil, Vikas publication, New Delhi
1. Human Resource Management – Luthans Fred – McGraw Hill, Inc.
2. Organizational Behavior Concepts, Controversies Applications – Stephen, P. Robbins- Prentice Hall,
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
3. Financial Management – M.Y. Khan and P.K. Jain – Tata Mc-Graw Hill
4. Competitive Advantage – Porter Michael – The Free Press
5. Competitive Strategy – Porter Michael – The Free Press, 1985
6. Fundamentals of Business Organizations and Management – Y.K. Bhusan – S. Chand and Sons
7. Industrial Management – K.K. Ahuja – Khanna Publishers