CSVTU B.E. IV Semester Mechanical Engineering Computer Graphics Syllabus
Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai
Semester : B.E. IV Semester Branch : Mechanical Engineering
Sub : Computer Graphics
UNIT – I
Application Areas. Input and Output Devices:- Keyboard, Mouse,Z mouse Trackball, Joysticks,
Data Glove, Digitizers, Light pen, Touch Panels, Image scanners, Printers and Plotters. Video
Display Devices: Refresh CRT; Raster & Random scan display; Color CRT monitor; Flat panel
display; Co-ordinate representation.
UNIT – II
Basic Raster Graphics Algorithm for drawing 2-D primitives
Output Characteristics: Aspect ratio; Aliasing and Anti-aliasing. Line Drawing Algorithms: DDA
algorithm; Bresenham’s algorithm. Circle Generation Algorithm: Midpoint circle algorithm.
Ellipse Generation Algorithm: Mid-point ellipse algorithm. Area filling: Inside-outside test;
Boundary fill algorithm- 4 and 8 connected area; flood-fill algorithm.
UNIT – III
2-D Geometric Transformation
Window and View port: Window and View port relationship; World co-ordinates; Normalized
device co-ordinates and Homogenous co-ordinates. Basic Transformations: Translation; Rotation
and Scaling. Other Transformation: Reflection and Shear. Composite Transformation.
UNIT – IV
2-D Viewing and Clipping
Viewing world coordinates system, normalized coordinate system, device, image coordinate
system, window definition, view port definitions, viewing transformation. Clipping: Point clipping;
Line: Cohen-Sutherland algorithm, Mid-point Polygon.
UNIT – V
3-D Concepts and curves
3-D Display Methods: Parallel and Perspective projections; 3-D Transformation: Basic
Transformations: translation, rotation and scaling
Spline Representation, Bezier Curves single and multiple segements , Cubic-spline.and their
1. Donald Hearn and M. Pauline Baker- Computer Graphics with C version – Low Price Edition,
2nd Edition, 2002.
2. Computer graphics – N. Krishnamurthy –TMH
1. Rogers and Adams – Mathematical Elements for Computer Graphics – TMH
2. Xiang and Plastok – Schaum’s Outlines Computer Graphics – TMH, 2nd Edition, 2002.
3. Harrington – Computer Graphics – McGraw Hill
4. Rogers, “Procedural Elements for Computer Graphics – TMH
5. Cad Cam Theory and Practice by Ibrahim Zeid – TMH publications