CSVTU B.E. IV Semester IT Principles of Management Syllabus
CHHATTISGARH SWAMI VIVEKANAND TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, BHILAI (C.G.)
Semester: B.E. IV Sem. Branch: Information Technology
Subject:Principles of Management
Definition of Management, Nature and Basic Concepts of Management, Management and Administration, Functions
of Manager & Information age; Science, theory and practice of Management.
Managerial objectives and Role, Evolution of management Thoughts, Business Environment, Social attitudes beliefs
and Values, Social Responsibilities of Business.
Functions of Management- Planning, Nature and importance, Steps in Planning; Organizing and process of organizing;
Staffing, Systems approach to staffing; Directing; Controlling and process of controlling, Decision Making.
Motivation-Meaning, need for motivation, Theories of Motivation.
Leadership – Meaning and styles, group and team working, HRM.
Marketing function- Market and Marketing environment, Consumer / buyer behavior, marketing mix, Advertisement
and sales Promotion.
Financial Management – Introduction to Book keeping and financial statements, Break Even analysis.
Production and Productivity, Production Planning and Control, TQM
Emerging Trends in Management- Globalization and WTO, Business process reengineering, IT in Management,
1. Govindrajan M, & Natrajan, S, Principles of Management, Prentice Hall of India, N. Delhi,2005.
2. Luthans Fred Organizational Behavior, TMH, New Delhi
1. Koontz and O’Donnell, Principles of Management and administration, Prentice Hall of
India ( PHI)
2. Peter F Drucker, The Practice of Management, Allied Publicatons.
3. Robbins, S. P. 3
edition, Fundamental of Management, PHI, N. Delhi,2005
4. Chandan J. S, Management Concepts and Strategies, Vikas Publication, N. Delhi,2006
5. S.N. Maheshwari, An Introduction to accountancy Vikas Publication, N Delhi.