CHHATTISGARH SWAMI VIVEKANAND TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, BHILAI (C.G.)
Semester: IV Semester Branch: Computer Science & Engg.
Subject: Principles of Management Code: 322416(36)
Definition of Management, Nature and Basic Concepts of Management, Management and
Administration, Functions of Manager & Information age; Science, theory and practice of Management.
Managerial objectives and Role, Evolution of management Thoughts, Business Environment, Social
attitudes beliefs and Values, Social Responsibilities of Business.
Functions of Management
– Planning, Nature and importance, Steps in Planning; Organizing and process
of organizing; Staffing, Systems approach to staffing; Directing; Controlling and process of controlling,
-Meaning, need for motivation, Theories of Motivation.
Leadership – Meaning and styles, group and team working, HRM.
Functional Areas: Marketing
– Market and Marketing environment, Consumer / buyer behavior,
marketing mix, Advertisement and sales Promotion.
– Introduction to Book keeping and financial statements, Break Even analysis.
Emerging Trends in Management
– Production and Productivity, Production Planning and Control, TQM,
Globalization and WTO, Business process reengineering, IT in Management, Outsourcing.
1. Govindrajan M, & Natrajan, S, Principles of Management, Prentice Hall of India, N.
2. Luthans Fred Organizational Behavior, TMH, New Delhi
1. Koontz and O’Donnell, Principles of Management and administration, Prentice Hall of
India ( PHI)
2. Peter F Drucker, The Practice of Management, Allied Publicatons.
3. Robbins, S. P. 3
edition, Fundamental of Management, PHI, N. Delhi,2005
4. Chandan J. S, Management Concepts and Strategies, Vikas Publication, N. Delhi,