CHHATTISGARH SWAMI VIVEKANAND TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, BHILAI (C.G.)
Semester: IV Sem. Branch: Civil Engineering
Subject: Civil Engineering Drawing Code: 320414 (20)
General Principles of planning – Aspects, Prospects, Circulation, Grouping, Roominess,
Sanitation, Economy, Elegance, Furniture requirements, flexibility, Privacy.
Site selection and requirements of different public buildings such as hospitals, schools, hostels
using line plan.
Municipal regulations and bye-laws for residential buildings.
Drawing of plan of single, double story residential buildings and hostels, single line plan of
primary health centre, school, canteen for given site requirements.
Drawing of elevation of single and double story residential buildings, primary health centre,
school, hostel, canteen for given site requirements.
Drawing of section of single and double story residential buildings, primary health centre, school,
hostel, canteen for given site requirements.
Detailing of flush shutter, panelled shutter, fully glazed, half glazed, half glazed and half panelled
doors and windows, elements of perspective, example on simple blocks.
Name of Text Books:
• A course in Civil Engineering Drawing – V.B. Sikka (Katson Technical Publications)
• Civil Engineering Drawing – Shah, Kala and Patki (Tata McGraw Hill)
Name of Reference Books:
• A Textbook of Civil Engineering Drawing: Buildings – R.P. Chandel (Katson Technical Publications)
• Planning and Designing Buildings – Y.S. Sane (Allies Book Stall and Engineering Book Publishing Co.)
• Hospitals: Planning, Design and Management – Kunders, Gopinath & Ashoka Katakam (Tata McGraw Hill)