CHHATTISGARH SWAMI VIVEKANAND TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, BHILAI (C.G.)
Semster : III Sem Branch : Computer science and Engineering
Subject : Digital Electronics and Logic Design
Overview of Boolean Algebra AND Logic Gates :
Number Systems and Codes, Binary Arithmatic, Boolean Algebra, Minimisation of Switching Function , Demorgan’s Theorem, Karnaugh’s Map Method (limited up to 4-variables), Quine McCluskey’s Method , Cases with Don’t care conditions and multiple output switching functions.
Combinational Circuits :
NAND / NOR gates , Realisation of switching functions , Half/full adders, Half / full substractors , Series and parallel additions ,BCD adders ,Look ahead carry generators ,Decoders and encoders ,BCD to 7 segment decoders, Multiplexers and Demultiplexers, Parity bit generator and detector , Error detection.
Sequential Circuits :
Introduction to registers and Counters : Flip-Flops and their conversion, Excitation Tables, Synchronous and Asynchronous counters and Designing of sequential circuits: code converter and counters. Mode-k and divide by K Counters, Counter Applications.
RTL, DTL, all types of TTL circuits, ECL, Circuit, Operation & Features of I2 L and PMOS, NMOS and CMOS logic etc.
Memories and Converters :
Introduction to various semiconductor memories and designing of ROM and PLA , Introduction to analog to digital and digital to analog converters and their types (R-2R ladder network and successive approximation converters )
Name of Text Books
1. W H Gothman , ” Digital Electronics” PHI
2. R. P. Jain : “Modern Digital electronics”, TMH
Name of Reference Books :
1. R J Tocci, ” Digital System principles and Applications”
2. Millman Taub , ” Pulse , Digital and Switching Waveforms ” TMH
3. M.M. Mano : “Digital logic and computer design”, PHI.
4. Floyd : “Digital fundamentals”, UBS.
5. B. Somanathan Nair, “Digital eletronics & Logic Design”, Prentice-Hall of India