CBSE SAMPLE PAPER
MODEL QUESTION PAPER NO 1
TIME 3 HRS. M.M. 70
1. Question paper consists of 27 question, question no. 1-5 carries 1 marks each and are very short type question
- 2. Question No. 6-12 short type question carries 2 marks each
- 3. Question No. 13-24 short type question carries 3 marks each
- 4. Question No. 25-27 very long type question carries 5 marks each.
- 5. Calculators not permissible. Use of log book is permitted
1. In some regions in space around the nucleus y2=0. What is name given to such a region.
What is the role of boron rods in a nuclear reactor?
What happens when an electrolyte NaCl is added to ferric hydroxide sol.?
Write Bragg’s equation?
Arrange the following in the order of increasing bond energy F2, Cl2 ,Br2 ,I2
Using IUPAC norms write the systematic name of the following complex and find the magnetic nature of the compound: K3 [Cr2 (C2O4) ]
Why does bromination of aniline, even under very mild condition give 2,3,5 tribromoaniline in stantaneously .
A 10% solution of urea is isotonic with 20% solution of x at the same temperature? Calculate the molecular weight of x?
What is ZMS-5? Write its application in petrochemical industry?
What bond order? Arrange the following in the order of increasing bond length? O+2 ,O2,O–2
With the help of suitable diagrams ,illustrate two types of non ideal solution ?
Two particles A & B are in motion if the wavelength associated with particles A is 5 * 10-8 m .Calculate the wavelength associated with particle B if its momentum is half of A .
Calculate the equilibrium constant of the reaction . Cu (s) + 2Ag+ (aq) Cu 2+ (aq) +2Ag (s) , E=0.46v
The enthalpy of vapourisation of liquid diethyl (C 2H 5) 2 O is 26.0 Kg mol -1 at its boiling point (35.0C) calculate S for convertion of
[A] Liquid to vapour [B] Vapour to liquid at 35.0C
What is fuel cell ? what is role of paladium or platimum which one in to electrodes ?
State third law of thermodynamics? Explain its Implication
What is the diffrence between order of reaction &molecularity of reaction .
What is antioxidants? Give some examples with their structure.
The degree of dissociation of Ca(NO3)2 in a dilute aqueous solution contening 8.09 of he salt per 100g of water at 100 is70% if the upper pressure of water 100 is 670 mm calculate the vappour pressure of the the solution.
A sample 0 from 1.25dm3 to 2.00dm3 calculate the enthalpy change in this process For organ is 12.48jk-1…. ?
What will the initial rate of a reaction if its rate constants is10–3 min–1 and the concentration of the reactant is 0.2 mol dm–3 ? how much of the reactant will be converted into product in 200minuts?
Estimate the average S –F bond energy in SF6.The standered heat of
formation values of SF6(g) and F(g) are –1100, 275& 875KJ/mol resp.
24. The rate of constant for an isomerisation reaction AàB is 4.5 x10-3 /min. .
If the initial concentration of A is m, calculate the rate of reaction after
1 hour .
25 [a] Write down the ground state electronic configuration of F2+
[b] The kinetic energy of a sub-atomic particle is 4.55X10-25 J Calcu late the frequency of the particle wave
26. Calculate the E.M.F. and d G of cell reaction for the following cell at 25 C
E’Mg(s)|Mg2+ =-2.37 V E’Cu2+|Cu(s) =.34 V
F= 96500 C/mol
How long will it take an electric current of 0.15 A to deposit all the coper from 500 ml of 0.150 M copper sulfate solution?
27. [i] Explain why do transition elements show variable oxidation states. Write all possible oxidation states on an element having atomic no. 23
[ii] Describe the prepration of Potassium permagnate from pyrolusite ore. Structure of potassium permanganate or permanganate ion.