CAT 2015: Ensure your eligibility before Registration
CAT 2015 aspirants should ensure that they have gone through the necessary eligibility criteria and prepare the list of documents needed at the time of registration.
The registration and application process for single day 2 session Common Admission Test (CAT) 2015, gateway to IIMs will begin on August 6, 2015 and will continue till 11.59 PM on September 20, 2015. The process is totally online and there is no way that aCAT 2015 aspirant can register and apply off-line.
CAT2015 aspirants have 46 days to register themselves to take the test. The registration window periodicity has been reduced from 56 days in CAT 2014 to 46 days in CAT 2015. There are many changes in the process of registration. Hence CAT 2015 aspirants should ensure that they have gone through the necessary eligibility criteria and prepare the list of documents needed at the time of registration.
Check your Eligibility well
CAT 2015 aspirants should satisfy the eligibility criteria and keep their marks, percentages, CGPA ready with them before proceeding for registration process-
1. The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
2. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification
3. examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. All the candidates in the final year of graduation and completing their degree by May 2016 are eligible. Such candidates shall have to produce eligibility Certificate from their Head of the institution by June 30, 2016.
4. The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. No change in the category will be entertained after the closure of registration window. Hence, applicants are advised to give attention while registering.
5. A copy of the Reserved Category certificate(s) must be uploaded at the time of CAT Application online. Failure to upload a copy of the caste/class certificate will result in the rejection of your CAT 2015 registration.
Other equivalent qualifications to bachelor’s degree
The other equivalent qualifications to Bachelor’s degree accepted by CAT 2015 are
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post Diploma ) or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers -India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)
2. Any Qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognized University/Institutions.
3. Other qualifications not covered above will need equivalency certificate to be produced from Association of Indian Universities New Delhi
CAT 2015: No change permitted later
According to IIM Ahmedabad, the CAT 2015 convening IIM, ‘The CAT application data is treated as final, and no change in it is permitted at a later stage. In case of detection of any variation in the data provided at theCAT selection stage with the actual data, your candidature may be nullified’. So ensure your eligibility before beginning the registration for CAT 2015.
No Age bar to register
There is no age restriction to appear in CAT 2015 exam. A person who has all the qualifications to appear in the exam and has an age of 70+ years can also apply to take CAT 2015.
Candidates with 2 year graduation degree eligible
IIM Ahmedabad has included in the eligibility criteria that the candidates who have completed graduation with old pattern of 2 years bachelor degree are also eligible to apply. However this pattern and degree should be recognized by UGC, AIU or equivalent bodies for eligibility to CAT 2015.
Please remember inserting any wrong information may render you disqualified or may require you to re-register.
Related Article : CAT 2015: PLAN WELL AND SET DEADLINES