Anna University Previous question papers-B.Arch-VI-Semester-Urban Economics And Sociology
ANNA UNIVERSITY, B.ARCH DEGREE EXAMINATION
VI SEMESTER, URBAN ECONOMICS AND SOCIOLOGY
PART – A (10 X 2 = 20)
Answer all the Questions
1.What do you mean by Ecology?
2. State any two State Governmental Programmes?
3. Define Social Change
4. What is meant by ‘Urban Renewal’?
5. What is social stratification?
6. Define and distinguish between ‘caste’ & ‘class’.
7. What is cultural lag?
8. What is law of diminishing return?
9. What are the economic impacts of Urbanization in urban India?
10. Define social institution.
PART – B (5 X 16 =80)
Question no.11 is compulsory
11. What is the importance of studying Economics and how it is related with built
environment? Explain your answer with some examples.
12. a. Explain the Process of Land Utilization patterns made in India?
- State the impact of Urbanization in India?
13. a. Briefly explain the following:
i) Municipal Taxes
ii) Development Programmes and their impact on Society.
b. What is meant by resource conservation? Explain in detail about the schemes
for resource conservation.
14. a. What is urban renewal? State the importance of urban renewal programme.
Explain any one method of urban renewal in detail.
b. What is consumption? Explain the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility with
its conditions and criticisms.
15. a. What is social change? Discuss the social changes that are taking place in
Indian social structure and how far these changes promote economic
development in India.
b. Primary group relations in India are medium through which we learn culture,
use culture and change culture: substantiate.