ANNA UNIVERSITY, B.ARCH DEGREE EXAMINATION,
VI SEMESTER, INTERIOR DESIGN
PART A (10 x 2 = 20)
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
1. Mention any two factors influencing Interior Design.
2. Mention any two suitable wall treatments for a computer laboratory.
3. What is system furniture?
4. Write on Bauhas furniture.
5. What is Functionalism?
6. Explain importance of colours in Interior Design.
7. List the various movements, which influenced the development of interior design.
8. What are the different types of lighting?
9. Explain the interior design process.
10. Sketch out the important ergonomic considerations that determine chair design.
PART – B (5x 16 = 80)
Question number 11 is compulsory
11. Furniture design evolves over the ages with changing technology (materials, Construction, etc.) And life styles (way of living, size of spaces, etc.). Discuss.
12.a) Art Novena was a total/complete movement encompassing Architecture, Interior and Furniture design. Discuss.
b) Design an interior for a shoe shop measuring 6m x 15m. Give plan, elevation, Section, details of interior materials and construction, lighting, furniture Design, etc.
13.a) Discuss the important considerations involved in the design of an interior of a Jewellery shop.
b) Discuss the role of landscape in interiors, list the various elements of Landscape design and give examples for each. Show hoe they modify the Character of interior space.
14.a) Discuss the important styles of floor and wall painting of folk India and Describe
their utility in the contemporary interiors.
b) Discuss the interiors of 5 different periods in history of the world.
15.a) Bring out the functional and aesthetic characters of materials for ceiling, wall,
Flooring with a few methods of construction.
b) Explain how lighting functionally transforms an interior space. Elaborate with
examples various types of lighting and its effects in different typed of interiors.