Anna University Model Question Paper BE V sem I&CE NETWORK ANALYSIS AND SYNTHEIS
MODEL QUESTION PAPER
B.E. INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL ENGINEERING
IL331 – NETWORK ANALYSIS AND SYNTHEIS
Time : 3 Hours Max Marks : 100
Answer All Question
PART – A (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. Define poles and zeros of a Network Function and plot them in a complete plane for
2. A two port network is characterized by V1 = 10I1+5I2 and V2 = 5I1+12I2. Find the transmission parameters A and C.
3. State any three properties of RC driving point impedance function.
4. Check whether the function is positive real or not.
5. Find whether the impedance function is an LC.
6. Draw any one shape of configuration of synthesis for the immittance function
7. Define zeros of transmission and their properties.
8. What are the two basic types of constant – resistance networks and their important properties?
9. What is the use of frequency transformation in filter design?
10. Compare Butterworth filter with chebyshev filter.
PART – B (5 x 16 = 80 Marks)
11. An impedance function has simple poles at-1 and –4 and simple zeros at –2 and –5 z(0)=10.
Synthesize the impedance function in a foster form and a causer form. (8+8)
12.a) For the network shown in Figure 12(a), show that and . Determine the value for K.
12.b) For the network shown in Figure 12(b), find the transmission parameters and the h-parameters.
13.a)i) Explain the terms “Casuality” and “Stability” in network synthesis in time domain and frequency domain. (4+4)
ii) Test the following polynomial for the Hwuritz property.
13.b) Determine whether the following functions are positive real.
14.a)i) Describe the synthesis of lattice networks terminated in a load of constant resistance R. (8)
ii) Synthesis the lattice network terminated in a 1-ohm resistor to meet the specification
14.b) For the networks shown in Figure.14(b), show that
(ii) Synthesize Y when (10)
15.a)i) Synthesize a third order Butterworth low pass filter terminated in 1-ohm resistance and having transfer impendence Z21 of third Butterworth polynomial. (10)
ii) Hence synthesize the changes in the above filter when it is terminated in a load of 600 ohm instead of 1-ohm. (6)
15.b) Describe in detail the design of high pass filter and band pass filter from the design of low pass filter using frequency transformation. (8+8)