Anna University Electronic Instrumentation Question Paper
Time : 3 Hours Max Marks : 100
PART – A
Answer All Question (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. Give any four parameters of Operational amplifiers with their ideal values.
2. What are the applications of Operational amplifiers?
3. What is voltage reference? Why is it needed?
4. Show the representation of IC voltage regulator.
5. What are the major components of CRT?
6. How can a Q-meter be used for measurement of stray capacitance?
7. What are the basic components of digital systems?
8. Why are the ranges in digital instruments overlapped?
9. Explain the advantages of digital indicating instruments.
10. A 3½ digit voltmeter is used for measuring voltage. Find the resolution of the instrument.
PART – B (5 x 16 = 80 Marks)
11. Draw and explain the functional diagram of a 555 timer IC. (Compulsory)
12.a) What is the principle of working of Switch Mode Power Supply? Discuss its advantages and disadvantages.
12.b) Explain briefly positive fixed voltage regulator. What voltage options are available in 78xx and 79xx voltage regulators?
13.a) Draw the block diagram of CRO and explain the purpose of each blocks.
13.b) Why signal conditioning in necessary in an instrumentation systems?
Describe in detail the instrumentation amplifier.
14.a) Explain with the help of a neat block diagram the working principle of digital multimeter.
14.b) Discuss the successive approximation A/D converter and list out the merits of the same.
15.a) What is X-Y recorder? How do you distinguish it from X-t (or) Y-t recorder?
Explain with a suitable circuit diagram the working of a X-Y recorder. Describe its applications.
15.b) Describe the basic components of a magnetic tape recorder for instrumentation applications using direct recording technique. Describe its advantages and disadvantages.