ANNA UNIVERSITY, B.ARCH DEGREE EXAMINATION,
VI SEMESTER, HISTORY OF ARCHITECTURE – VI
PART A (10 x 2 = 20)
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
1. List out the various declaration made by CIAM.
2. Write notes on the approach of Christopher Alexander in the book pattern language.
3. What do you understand by critical regionalism?
4. Name any two historic revival styles with example
5. Write note on the contribution made by Laurie Baker to cost effective construction.
6. Write note on the architectural ideologies of Paolo Soleir
7. Write note on the need for an appropriate technology
8. Write notes on the works of Narigandhi
9. List down various architectural movements after modernism
10. Write notes on the role of landscape in the works of Geoffrey Bawa
PART – B (5 X 16 =80)
Question no.11 is compulsory
11. Discuss in detail on the interpretations of tradition in the works of Correa.C
12.a) Discuss in detail the writings of
(ii) Aldo Rossi
12.b) Write elaborately on the contributions made by
(i) Team X
13.a) Discuss in detail on the factor that influenced the character and style of Post
13.b) Discuss on the theory and practices in Deconstruction, with example.
14.a) Compare and contrast the works of Hassan Fathy And Laurie Baker
14.b) Discuss in detail on the interpretation of the following in Ando’s Work
15.a) Discuss in detail on the experiments carried out in the design of Chandigarh.
15.b) Discuss in detail on the influence of the following architects on Indian architecture.