Young Geographer For Class - VIII by Sumita Banerjea, Shopna Ghosh
Young Geographer is a comprehensive series of Geography text books for classes 6 to 8. The series follows the latest syllabus guidelines of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. The books have interesting features that help stimulate the learners’ brain to ponder, comprehend and infer the knowledge from the content that has been carefully crafted and presented.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Class VIII Students.
1. Key Concepts – at the beginning of every chapter gives an idea about the topics from the latest syllabus
2. Geo Facts – snippets in-between the chapters that provide interesting and additional information or facts related to the topic.
3. In Your Opinion – questions in between the chapters that will enable the learners to ponder about the topic.
4. Refer to Atlas – encourages the learner to pick up the Atlas and refer to the maps that correspond to the topic.
5. Glossary – provides meanings of difficult words used in the chapter
6. Recap – a quick recapitulation of the main points learnt in the chapter
7. Exercises – interesting end-of-the-lesson exercises in accordance with the syllabus to discuss and test the learning and understanding of the topic
8. Activity – at the end of each lesson for application of knowledge learnt