The Idea Of Green Building by A. K. Jain
The idea of green building is a creative process that links the built environment with the human health and comfort, water, energy, bio-diversity and other natural resources.
The endeavour is to create sustainable buildings which use less energy and water, generate less green house gases, use materials more efficiently, and produce less wastes than the conventional building over their life cycle.
|Audience of the Book :|
|This book Useful for Engineering students.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Each topic has been thoroughly described, the theory is rigorously developed and a large number of numerical examples have been included to illustrate its application.
2. The book also contains advanced problems useful for competetive examinations.
|Table of Contents:|
3. Materials and Resources
4. Green building rating systems
5. Building design for climate and thermal comfort
6. Landscape and bio-diversity
7. Water conservation and efficiency
8. Energy conservation and efficiency
9. Towards a safer built environment
10. Environment impact assessment of building projects.