Textbook of Biotechnology by T T Pandian And D Kandavel
The contents advance logically from the basics of cell and molecular biology to that of diversified recent hot areas of biotechnology. Some of the recent developments like gene therapy, gene cloning, stem cell therapy, etc., are extensively dealt with. It also includes review questions at the end of each chapter and a detailed bibliography given at the end.
Audience of the Book :
This book covers the Biotechnology syllabus of various Universities and can also be used as a companion for various types of competitive examinations like IAS, IPS, CSIR-UGC NET, GATE, ASRB, ICMR, JNU Joint M
1.Sc Biotech. Entrance Exam, etc. The content also caters to the needs of Biotechnology
2.Engineering Graduates (B.Tech and M. Tech).
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Discusses topics such as biotechnology, intellectual property rights, and cryopreservation in the light of public concerns.
2.Exhaustive coverage of gene therapy, gene cloning, stem cell therapy, etc.
3.Includes end-of-the-chapter review questions.
4.Profusely illustrated with labelled diagrams.
Table of Contents:
1. An Introduction to Biotechnology
2. Introduction to Living System
3. Nucleic Acids and their Organization
4. The Central Dogma
5. Molecular Techniques
6. Genetic Engineering
7. Applications of Genetic Engineering
9. Crop Production through Plant Tissue Culture - I & II
10. Animal Biotechnology
12. Fermentation Biotechnology
13. Single Cell Protein
15. Biological Control
16. Microbial Enzymes and Biotransformations
17. Environmental Biotechnology
18. Intellectual Property Rights
19. Public Concerns in Biotechnology