System Simulation, Modelling And Languages by R. Panneerselvam, P. Senthilkumar
Designed as a text for undergraduate students (B.Tech./B.E.) of Computer Science and Engineering and IT, Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics Engineering, and postgraduate students (M.Tech./M.E., M.Sc.) of Computer Science and Engineering and IT and Industrial Engineering, as well as for Bachelor and Master of Computer Applications (BCA/MCA), this well-organized book gives an in-depth analysis of the concepts of system simulation modelling and simulation languages. The book provides detailed discussions on the fundamental and advanced concepts of simulation.
The book begins with the concept of system and the different terminologies associated with the system. Then it presents the different methods of random number generation and their tests. Besides, the text dwells on different probability distributions and their random variates, which are used in the simulation model, and describes various simulation languages such as GPSS, Simula I, SIMSCRIPT, CSL, GASP, OPS-3, DYNAMO, SIMAN and SLAM II. Further, it gives a comprehensive coverage of different queueing systems with illustrative examples as well as the logics of simulation model for both single-server and parallel-server queueing systems. The concluding chapters deal extensively with GPSS language, Arena simulation software and ProModel simulation software.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Computer Science, MCA & mechanical Student.
Table of Contents:
1. System Concept
2. Introduction to Simulation
3. Methods of Random Number Generation and Their Tests
4. Probability Distributions and Random Variates
5. Introduction to Simulation Languages
6. Queueing Theory
7. Simulation Using High-Level Languages
8. General-Purpose Simulation System (Section 1)
9. General-Purpose Simulation System (Section 2)
10. General-Purpose Simulation System (Section 3)
11. Simula Language
12. SIMSCRIPT III Language
13. SIMAN Language
14. SLAM II (Simulation Language for Alternative Modelling)
15. Arena Simulation Software
16. ProModel Simulation Software