Surveying Vol.I by Dr. B.C.Punmia, Ashok Kumar Jain, Dr Arun Kuma Jain
This volume is one of the two which offer a comprehensive course in those parts of theory and practice of Plane and Geodetic surveying that are most commonly used by civil engineers, and are required by the students taking examination in surveying for Degree, Diploma and A.M.I.E. The first volume covers in thirteen chapters the more common surveying operations.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for civil engineering students.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Each topic introduced is thoroughly described, the theory is rigorously developed, and a large number of numerical examples are included to illustrate its application.
2. General statements of important principles and methods are almost invariably given by practical illustrations.
3. A large number of problems are available at the end of each chapter, to illustrate theory and practice and to enable the student to test his reading at different stages of his studies.
Table of Contents:
1. Fundamentals Defintions and Concepts
2. Accuracy and Errors
3. Linear Measurements
4. Chain Surveying
5. The Compass
6. The Theodolite
7. Traverse Surveying
8. Omitted Measurement
11. Plane Table Surveying
12. Calculation of Area
13. Measurement of Volume
14. Minor Instruments
15. Trigonometrical Levelling
16. Permanent Adjustments of Levels
17. Precise Levelling
18. Permanent Adjustments of Theodolite
19. Precise Theodolites
20. Setting Out Works
21. Special Instruments
22. Tacheometric Surveying
23. Electronic Theodolites
24. Electro-Magnetic Distance Measurement (EDM)