Solid Mechanics (For Anna University) by S. S. Bhavikatti
Solid mechanics, also known as strength of materials, is a basic course for engineering students. To suit the needs of many universities, the author has modified his earlier book, Strength of Materials, collecting some portions from his earlier books on Structural Analysis, Vol. I and II.
Throughout the book, emphasis has been laid on developing the concepts, clarifying the units to be used in final equations and neatly presenting solutions for the numerical problems. The features of this ‘one-stop’ book will help the students to prepare themselves for taking up the design papers taught in higher classes.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Mechanical Engineering Student.
1. Summary of important concepts and formulae at the end of the book
2. Large number of solved problems, presented systematically
3. Large number of exercise problems
4. Simple and clear explanation of concepts
5. Generous use of diagrams for better understanding
Table of Content:
2. Simple Stresses and Strains
3. Biaxial State of Stress
4. Stresses and Deformation of Thin Cylindrical and Spherical Shells
5. Analysis of P lane Frames
6. Shear Force and Bending Moment in Statically Determinate Beams
7. Theory of Simple Bending
8. Deflections of Beams by Double Integration Method
9. Deflection of Beams using Moment Area and Conjugate Beam Methods
11. Shear Centre