Science for Ninth Class Part 1 Physics by Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur
This book is a part of a series of three books written to provide complete coverage of the NCERT science syllabus for class 10 prescribed by Central Board of Secondary Education.
The three book in this series are: Science for Ninth class (Part 1) Physics, Science for Ninth Class (Part 2) Chemistry and Science for Ninth Class (Part 3) Biology. The most important feature of the revised edition of these books is that a large variety of solved and unsolved questions has been included as required by the new CCE pattern of School Education for assessing the learning abilities of the students.
The fundamental theory of each chapter is given in the beginning of each chapter for the ready reference of the students. The classification and order of the chapters in the book is made very systematically and in proper sequence so that students can learn and understand the continuity of topics and subject matter properly.
Audience of the Book :
This book has been revised according to the NCERT syllabus prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) based on new “Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation” (CCE) pattern of school education.
The most important feature of this revised edition of the book is that we have included a large variety of different types of questions as required by CCE for assessing the learning abilities of the students. This book contains :
The book is divided into three parts :
(i) Very short answer type questions (including true-false type questions and fill in the blanks type questions),
(ii) Short answer type questions,
(iii) Long answer type questions (or Essay type questions),
(iv) Multiple choice questions (MCQs) based on theory,
(v) Questions based on high order thinking skills (HOTS),
(vi) Multiple choice questions (MCQs) based on practical skills in science,
(vii) NCERT book questions and exercises (with answers), and
(viii) Value based questions (with answers).
Table of Contents:
FIRST TERM(April to September) :
1. Motion : Distance and displacement ; Velocity ; Uniform and non-uniform motion along a straight line ; Acceleration ; Distance-time and velocity-time graphs for uniform motion and uniformly accelerated motion ; Equations of motion by graphical method ; Elementary idea of uniform circular motion
2. Force and Newton’s Laws : Force and motion ; Newton’s laws of motion ; Inertia of a body ; Inertia and mass ; Momentum ; Force and acceleration ; Elementary idea of conservation of momentum ; Action and reaction forces
3. Gravitation : Gravitation ; Universal law of gravitation ; Force of gravitation of the earth (gravity) ; Acceleration due to gravity ; Mass and Weight ; Free fall
SECOND TERM(October to March) :
4. Flotation : Thrust and pressure ; Archimedes’ principle; Buoyancy; Elementary idea of relative density Work, energy and power : Work done by a force ; Energy ; Power ; Kinetic energy and potential energy ; Law of conservation of energy
5. Sound : Nature of sound and its propagation in various media ; Speed of sound ; Range of hearing in humans ; Ultrasound ; Reflection of sound ; Echo and SONAR ; Structure of the human ear (auditory aspect only)
• Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Based on Practical Skills in Science (Chemistry)
• NCERT Book Questions and Exercises (with answers)
• Value Based Questions (with answers)