Science for Ninth Class Part 2 Chemistry
- 56% Off₹956.00 ₹428.40Get this eBook
Science for Ninth Class Part 2 Chemistry by Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur
This book is a part of a series of three books written to provide complete coverage of the NCERT science syllabus for class 10 prescribed by Central Board of Secondary Education.
The three book in this series are: Science for Ninth class (Part 1) Physics, Science for Ninth Class (Part 2) Chemistry and Science for Ninth Class (Part 3) Biology. The most important feature of the revised edition of these books is that a large variety of solved and unsolved questions has been included as required by the new CCE pattern of School Education for assessing the learning abilities of the students.
The fundamental theory of each chapter is given in the beginning of each chapter for the ready reference of the students. The classification and order of the chapters in the book is made very systematically and in proper sequence so that students can learn and understand the continuity of topics and subject matter properly.
Audience of the Book :
|This book has been revised according to the NCERT syllabus prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) based on new “Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation” (CCE) pattern of school education.|
The most important feature of this revised edition of the book is that we have included a large variety of different types of questions as required by CCE for assessing the learning abilities of the students. This book contains :
The book is divided into three parts :
(i) Very short answer type questions (including true-false type questions and fill in the blanks type questions),
(ii) Short answer type questions,
(iii) Long answer type questions (or Essay type questions),
(iv) Multiple choice questions (MCQs) based on theory,
(v) Questions based on high order thinking skills (HOTS),
(vi) Multiple choice questions (MCQs) based on practical skills in science,
(vii) NCERT book questions and exercises (with answers), and
(viii) Value based questions (with answers).
Table of Contents:
FIRST TERM(April to September) :
1. Matter : Definition of matter ; Solid, liquid and gas ; Characteristics–shape, volume, density ; Change of state – melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation
2. Nature of matter : Elements, compounds and mixtures ; Heterogeneous and homogeneous mixtures ; Colloids and suspensions
SECOND TERM(October to March) :
3. Particle nature, basic units : Atoms and molecules, Law of conservation of mass and law of constant proportions ; Atomic and molecular masses
4. Mole concept: Relationship of mole to mass of the particles and numbers ; Valency ; Chemical formulae of common compounds
5. Structure of atom : Electrons, protons and neutrons ; Isotopes and isobars
• Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Based on Practical Skills in Science (Chemistry)
• NCERT Book Questions and Exercises (with answers)
• Value Based Questions (with answers)