Strictly designed as per the latest NCERT textbooks (with updated statistical figures). Topic-wise summary of each chapter for comprehensive understanding. Interesting and significant information provided under the headings "Do you know", "Interesting facts" and "Important personalities". Key terms, Definitions and Date Line of Events included in each chapter. Solutions to all In-text and textbook questions of NCERT. Solved Extra Questions (very short, short and long) under the heading "Let's Practise" to help the students understand the text better. Objective questions including Multiple Choice, Fill ups, True/False, Match the following for a quick review. Skill based questions including Activities, Map work, Assignments and discussions for interactive learning and also to help the teachers monitor the progress of students.
This book Useful for Class VI Students.
HISTORY : Our Pasts–I
1. What, Where, How and When?
2. From gathering to growing food
3. In the earliest cities
4. What books and burials tell us?
5. Kingdoms, Kings and an early Republic
6. New questions and ideas
7. Ashoka, the emperor who gave up war
8. Vital villages, thriving towns
9. Traders, kings and pilgrims
10. New empires and kingdoms
11. Buildings, paintings and books
CIVICS : Social and Political Life–I
1. Understanding Diversity
2. Diversity and Discrimination
3. What is Government?
4. Key Elements of a Democratic Government
5. Panchayati Raj
6. Rural Administration
7. Urban Administration
8. Rural Livelihoods
9. Urban Livelihoods
GEOGRAPHY : The Earth Our Habitat
1. The Earth in the Solar System
2. Globe : Latitudes and Longitudes
3. Motions of the Earth
5. Major Domains of the Earth
6. Major Landforms of the Earth
7. Our Country – India
8. India : Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife