S. Chand's Science For Class - VII by B. K.Gowel
S. Chand’s Science is a series of 3 books which has been written in accordance with the curriculum of NCERT and CBSE. While developing the contents the CCE guidelines of CBSE have been kept in mind. The philosophy of the text is to integrate the Science with innovative technology and co-relate it with children’s own experiences from their everyday life.
Many simple activities have been incorporated in the text to clarify the concepts wherever necessary. The apparatus required for the activities is minimal and easy to make which can be comfortably improvised by the students themselves according to requirements. The activities will help the students in developing skills such as presentation, reasoning and drawing inferences.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Class VII Students.
1. develop a curiosity about their surroundings and the world and learn to find answers to their questions.
2. develop further the instinct of critical thinking which the child is supposed to attain in pre-school exposure.
3. understand the importance of interdependence between living and non-living things and realise the importance of harmony in the natural world.
4. learn about the concept of good health and hygiene.
5. adapt to a world that is increasingly more influenced and shaped by scientific developments and thinking and develop the ability to communicate scientific observations and technological processes clearly.
Table of Content:
1. Nutrition in Plants
2. Utilization of Food in Plants and Animals
3. Fibres to Fabric
4. Heat and Temperature
5. Acids, Bases and Salts
6. Physical and Chemical Changes
8. Surroundings affect the Living
9. Respiration, the Breath of Life
10. Transportation in Plants and Animals
11. Multiplication in Plants
12. Motion and Time
13. Electric Current and its Uses
14. Rain, Thunder and Lightning
18. Waste Management