Quantitative Techniques In Management By J.K. Sharma
This book is an introductory text for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses on Quantitative Methods, Operations Research, Management Science, and other similar courses. The book seeks to develop in students an understanding of model building, solution procedure and the process of analyzing results obtained either by manual methods or by using a computer software.
Audience of the Book :
This book meets the specific and complete requirements of students pursuing MBA/PGDBM, BCom, MCom, MA(Eco), CA, ICWA, BBA, BIS/BIT/BCA, AMIE courses, who need to understand the basic concepts of quantitative techniques (operations research) and apply results directly to real-life business problems. The book also suits the requirements of students who need practical knowledge of quantitative techniques, as well as, for those preparing for competitive examinations.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Emphasizes the managerial perspective and the important role that Quantitative Techniques play in effective managerial decision-making.
2. Explanations are richly illustrated with numerous interesting and varied solved examples to provide a more meaningful and easier learning experience.
3. Management Case included in most chapters illustrates an innovative application of the techniques for solving real-life business problems.
4. Each chapter contains a Chapter Concepts Quiz, which helps students reinforce their understanding of the principles and applications of the techniques.
5. Review Questions and Self Practice Problems in each chapter will help readers in self-evaluation.
6. Hints and Answers to Self Practice Problems enable readers to learn at their own pace.
Table of Contents:
1.Quantitative Techniques: A Managerial Perspective
2.Linear Programming: Applications and Model Formulation
3.Linear Programming: The Graphical Method
4.Linear Programming: The Simplex Method
5.Duality in Linear Programming
6.Sensitivity Analysis in Linear Programming
7.Integer Linear Programming
11.Theory of Games
12.Decision Theory and Decision Trees
13.Project Management: PERT and CPM
14.Inventory Control Models
18.Investment and Break-even-Analysis
19.Forecasting and Time Series Analysis
20.Fundamentals of Probability