Project Management by Rajeev M. Gupta
The Second Edition of this comprehensive book, discusses the fundamental aspects of Project Management in a student-friendly manner. It deals with topics such as project life cycle, project selection, feasibility study and techniques like PERT and CPM for project control. Various methods such as Hiller model, sensitivity analysis and simulations are described with hypothetical numerical examples to evaluate risk.
A new chapter on International Aspects of Project Management is added to provide the knowledge of project management at international level. Several new case studies have also been added to provide better learning of the various concepts of the subject. Besides these, most of the chapters have been updated with new figures and more practical problems.
Primarily designed for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of management and engineering (industrial and civil engineering), the book will be equally useful to the practicing professionals of project management.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Management, industrial and civil engineering students.
Table of Contents :
2. Project Life Cycle and Its Classification
3. Project Management Process and Project Selection
4. Technical Feasibility
5. Market Potential Analysis
6. Financial Projections
7. Project Financing
8. Financial Analysis
9. Risk Analysis in Single and Multiple Projects
10. Project Control through Networks
11. Probabilistic Models of Networks
12. Time-Cost Relationship and Resource Levelling
13. Economic and Social Cost Benefit Analysis
14. Human Aspects in Project Management
15. Project Information System and Monitoring
16. International Project Management
Appendix A The Standard Normal Probability Distribution
Appendix B Financial Tables