This extensively revised third edition serves as a textbook for B.Com. and other professional courses in accounting. It covers the new syllabus of Cost Accounting recommended by U.G.C. for B.Com. courses and also the syllabus of Cost Accounting (PE-II Exam., of ICAI).
The text is example based and illustrates each concept by providing solved problems that demand the application of the concept. In addition, under the section, "Review Problems", complete solutions to a large number of prob-lems selected from professional examinations have been incorporated. A key feature of the book is discussion at the end of each solution, under "Points to Remember", that provides insights into the problem.
Learning cost accounting using this book will be more enjoyable as the problems are interesting and arranged in order of difficulty.
This book Useful for Management, B.Com students.
1. The Scope of Cost Accounting.
2. Cost Accounting Terms.
3. Cost Elements and Cost Sheet.
4. Absorption Costing and Marginal Costing Methods.
5. Materials Management.
6. Materials Accounting.
7. Labour Control and Methods of Remuneration.
8. Payroll Accounting.
9. Direct Expenses.
10. Overhead: Classification, Distribution and Control.
11. Manufacturing Overhead.
12. Non-Manufacturing Overheads.
13. Cost Accounting Records.
14. Specific Order Costing-Job, Batch, Backflush and Contract.
15. Process Costing.
16. Service Costing and Output Costing.
17. Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis.
18. Marginal Costing and Tactical Decisions.
19. Budget and Budgetary Control.
20. Standard Costing. Relevant Costing.
21. Uniform Costing and Inter-firm Comparison.
22. Cost Reduction and Productivity.