Power Plant Engineering has been designed for the students of B.E./B.Tech Mechanical Engineering. Divided in five units it will also prove to be a valuable source for practicing engineers and teachers.
It provides all the necessary information about Power Plants and Steam Power Plant, Nuclear and Hydel Power Plants, Diesel and Gas Turbine Power Plants, Geothermal Plants, Ocean Thermal Plants, Tidal Power Plants, Solar Power Plants and Economics of various Power Plants.
- Each chapter is accomplished with solved problems.
- Text has been supplemented with illustrated diagrams, tables, flow charts, and graphs wherever required, for clear understanding of students.
- Summary, at the end of each chapter helps students to review literature presented in the chapter.
- Review questions and exercise problems have been designed to enhance the engineering skills of students.
- Introduction to Power Plants and Boilers
- Steam Power Plant
- Nuclear and Hydel Power Plants
- Diesel and Gas Turbine Power Plants
- Other Power Plants and Economics of Power Plants