We feel immense pleasure in introducing the first edition of 'ISC Economics' textbook for class XI. The authors have scripted this text keeping in mind a beginners' need to explore this critical subject. This edition strictly adheres to the latest syllabus prescribed by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi. This book easily, yet perfectly explains everything that an economics fresher would want to learn in the areas of microeconomics and macroeconomics.
Having a strong foundation for this subject is crucial as economics has become imperative in the current national and international dynamics, being applied in the arenas of business, engineering, planning, marketing, social sciences and various other fields, thus, making it a critical component of the curriculum. Conceptual understanding of microeconomics and macroeconomics will supplement any future learnings that the students wish to pursue at higher levels of education. Explanations in this book are very thought provoking and also encourage a student to dive deeper into the subject. The language used is easy, simple and lucid. All endeavors have been made to make this book student friendly by simplifying the graphs, tables and illustrations. All text matter has been systematically summarized at the end of each chapter for easy understanding and quick revision. The model papers have been given at the end of the book to enable students to become familiar with the pattern of question papers for the board examination.
This book Useful for Class XI Students.
1. Definition of Economics
2. Micro and Macro Economics : Concepts
3. Basic Problems of an Economy
4. Types of Economies
5. Introduction to Indian Economic Development
6. Parameters of Development
7. Planning and Economic Development in India
8. Structural Changes in the Indian Economy After Liberalisation
9. Current Challenges Facing Indian Economy
10. Economic Growth and Development
11. Sustainable Development
12. Introduction to Statistics
13. Data Collection and Presentation
14. Measures of Central Value
15. Measures of Dispersion
17. Index Numbers
18. Mathematical Tools Used in Economics
Model Test Paper