Intended for undergraduate students of Economics, Commerce and Management, this book discusses the concepts and functions of monetary and banking system. It also incorporates the recent trends and developments in the fields of money and banking. It is written in an easy-to-understand language.
Divided into twenty-seven chapters under two parts. Part I on Money discusses evolution, nature, value, role and significance of money; monetary standards; monetary theories; and analysis of interest rates, inflation and deflation. It also describes trade cycles; money, capital and stock markets; and monetary policy. Part II on Banking discusses evolution, structure and systems of banking, functions, credit creation process, balance sheet, investment policy and nationalization of commercial banks. It describes structure, management, functions and role of SBI and RBI in economic development. Besides, it dwells an India’s lead bank scheme, credit control methods and central banking systems in India, the UK and the USA. The book concludes with a discussion on international financial institutions such as IMF and IBRD.
The text is supported with examples, tables and figures. Chapter-end multiple choice questions and review questions are also provided. Besides the undergraduate students, this book will also be useful to the postgraduate students of Economics, Commerce and Management.
This book Useful for Management & Commerce students.
Part I: Money
1. An Introduction to Money
2. Monetary Standards
3. Value of Money
4. Monetary Theories
5. Analysis of Interest Rates
6. Analysis of Inflation and Deflation
7. Trade Cycles
8. Money Market
9. Capital and Stock Markets
10. Monetary Policy
Part II: Banking
11. An Introduction to Banking
12. Functions of Commercial Banks
13. Credit Creation Process of Commercial Banks
14. Balance Sheet of Commercial Banks
15. Investment Policy of Commercial Banks
16. Nationalization of Commercial Banks
17. State Bank of India
18. Commercial Banks and Economic Development
19. India’s Lead Bank Scheme
20. An Introduction to Central Banking
21. Functions of a Central Bank
22. Credit Control Methods
23. Central Banking System in India
24. Reserve Bank of India and Economic Development
25. Central Banking System in the USA
26. Central Banking System in the UK
27. International Financial Institutions