Modern Machining Methods and Machining of Advanced Ceramics by M. Adithan
Modern Machining Methods which are discussed in this book belong to the category on Non-Traditional Machining methods. In the early stages of development, the investigations in the area of "Modern Machining Methods" were almost purely academic in nature.
Today, the modern machining methods are no longer mere laboratory processes ; these processes have already entered many production lines. By modern machining methods, we mean : Spark erosion machining ,ultrasonic machining, chemical machining, electro-chemical machining, electro-chemical grinding, abrasive jet machining, plasma arc machining, electron beam machining and laser beam machining process.
These modern machining techniques have their own role and importance, we should not make the mistakes of imagining that they are going to throw overboard the many conventional techniques used in the past and today, Modern machining methods are not replacements for conventional methods. Modern machining methods are only complementary to existing methods of machining.
|Table of Contents:|
2. Spark erosion machining(Electro-Discharge Machining - EDM)
3. Ultrasonic drilling(USD)
4. Abrasive jet machining and water jet machining
5. Chemical machining (Chemilling) (CHM)
6. Electro-chemical machining(ECM)
7. Electrochemical grinding(ECG)
8. Plasma arc machining(PAM)
9. Laser beam machining(LBM)
10. Electron beam machining(EBM)
11. Comparison of new methods of machining
12. Advanced ceramics
13. Need for machining of advanced ceramics
14. Different methods of machining of advanced ceramics
15. Review Question in Modern Machining Methods
16. Objective Type Questions