Mathswiz Book 8 by S. K. Gupta, Anubhuti Gangal
MathsWiz, a series of nine textbooks for KG to 8 is a course based on the National Curriculum Framework and the guidelines provided therein. The content of the series is student-centred and activity-based with emphasis on developing problem-solving skills, encouraging the child to think creatively and work independently. The methodology facilitates the teacher, the student and the parent to ensure full involvement of the child in the classroom and at home.
All the mathematical concepts are presented in a very simple and easy-to-understand form. The concepts are explained by taking examples from our daily life situations. The examples and problems also make use of modern tools, gadgets and technology commonly used. An abundant use of visual tools such as diagrams, illustrations, cartoons, tables and charts makes learning fun and helps in greater retention. The approach helps create passion for mathematics in children rather than fear for the subject. It encourages them to enquire, explore and discover rather than only learn by rote.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Class VIII Students.
1. Test Your Understanding exercises for immediate practice have been given almost after every topic
2. Exercises have been designed to include all types of questions, especially the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS).
3. Chapter Assessment provided at the end of each chapter to assess the child’s understanding of the concepts given therein.
4. Maths Lab Activities as per CBSE guidelines have been incorporated.
5. Periodical Assessment is a part of the on-going scholastic evaluation of the child. It is a kind of Unit Test – A Self-assessment of the concepts taught in the class.
Table of Content:
1. Rational Numbers
3. Squares and Square Roots
4. Cubes and Cube Roots
5. Algebraic Expressions and Special Products
6. Factorisation of Algebraic Expressions
7. Linear Equations
8. Percentage and its Applications
9. Compound Interest
10. Direct and Inverse Variation
11. Time and Work
Model Test Paper–1
14. Construction of Quadrilaterals
15. Visualising Solid Shapes
16. Area of a Trapezium and a Polygon
17. Volume and Surface Area of Solids
19. Graphical Representation of Data
22. Playing with Numbers
Model Test Paper–2
Maths Lab Activities