Manufacturing Processes is meant for the students of B.Tech in all branches of engineering, namely, Mechanical, Production, Manufacturing, Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Information Technology and Civil. It deals with the fundamental concepts of materials & metallurgy, foundry, metal working, welding techniques, pattern making & carpentry, industrial safety, metal cutting & machine tools, non-conventional machining techniques and quality control. The book is presented in a simple style, with summary at a glance at the end of each chapter before Review Questions and can be best used by students of all levels. A large number of diagrams have been included for illustrating the subject matter. It is an ideal introductory textbook on Manufacturing Processes.
- The book covers all topics related with workshop technology or manufacturing processes.
- Line diagrams have been used to explain the fundamentals and working of machines.
- One chapter has been devoted to Non-Conventional Machining Techniques.
- Problems from various examinations and university papers have been used in Review Questions.
- Quality Control forms part of the book.
- Plant and Shop Layout
- Foundry and Casting
- Mechanical Working of Metals
- Engineering Materials and Heat Treatment
- Industrial Safety
- Powder Metallurgy
- Plastics and Their Processing
- Smithing and Forging
- Bench Working and Fitting
- Fasteners and Plumbing
- Fundamentals of Welding
- Sheet Metal Working
- Cleaning Finishing and Coating of Metal Surfaces
- Wood Working
- Introduction to Machine Tools
- The Unconventional Machining Techniques
- Quality Control