Leadership: Personal Effectiveness And Team Building by Ranjana Mittal
Leadership: Personal Effectiveness and Team Building amalgamates leadership theories with the competencies and tools needed for effectively leading teams and organizations. With its lucid presentation, it explicates the concept of leadership through illustrative examples and case studies. Along with discussions on leadership and emotional intelligence, transformational leadership, and leadership development, this book details key concepts of team formation with focus on types of teams and the roles and skills of a team leader. With its focus on personal effectiveness and self-leadership, this book will be invaluable for management and engineering students aspiring for key roles in the corporate world, as well as for professional managers.
The book contains workbook comprising several exercises and tools for skill building and self-assessment. Real life case studies provide an insight into the leadership challenges and experiences of leaders across disciplines.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Commerce And Management students.
1. Every chapter starts with an Opening Case, offering a first look into its learning outcomes through its applications in real life.
2. Over 50 Reflective Questions and Reflecting Exercises across chapters to develop perspectives about leadership.
3. Case studies on situations faced by Steve Jobs, Ratan Tata, Azim Premji, N R Narayana Murthy, and M S Dhoni to name a few.
4. Over 140 chapter-end questions for practice and application.
Table of Contents:
1. Leadership: Overview and Concept
2. Leadership and Power
3. Leadership Traits
4. Leadership Behaviour and Styles
5. Contingency Theories of Leadership
6. Contemporary Leadership Styles
7. Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
8. Leadership and Empowerment
9. The Authentic Leader
10. Team and Development