Lakhmir Singh's Science For Class 8 by Lakhmir Singh And Manjit Kaur
Audience of the Book :
This book is useful for Class- 8 Students.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. A simple and direct approach has been followed, sufficient for self-study.
2. A large number of pictures and sketches of various scientific processes, procedures, and everyday situations of scientific principles.
3. Learning Objectives give a bird's eye view of the topics covered in each chapter.
4. Know More are fun facts that add interesting information to the content.
5. Activity encourages learning by doing and develops observation, data collection, and inferential skills.
Table of Contents:
1. CROP PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
2. MICRO-ORGANISMS: FRIEND AND FOE
3. SYNTHETIC FIBRES AND PLASTICS
4. MATERIALS: METALS AND NON-METALS
5. COAL AND PETROLEUM
6. COMBUSTION AND FLAME
7. CONSERVATION OF PLANTS AND ANIMALS
8. CELL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONS
9. REPRODUCTION IN ANIMALS
10. REACHING THE AGE OF ADOLESCENCE
11. FORCE AND PRESSURE
14. CHEMICAL EFFECTS OF ELECTRIC CURRENT
15. SOME NATURAL PHENOMENA
17. STARS AND THE SOLAR SYSTEM
18. POLLUTION OF AIR AND WATER