I am privileged to present to the learned teachers and students a thoroughly revised and updated tenth edition of ‘Introduction to Accountancy’.
To give all the questions and illustrations a contemporary look, everywhere dates have been changed and wherever found desirable, the amounts have also been enlarged. Wherever very large amounts are involved, they have been expressed as multiples of thousand after making the necessary changes.
The format of joint stock company’s final accounts under the Companies Act has undergone major changes; the new format has been discussed in chapter 13 of this book. Effect of these changes has been incomporated in all the illustrations and questions in chapters 13, 19, 24 and 25. Thus, an attempt has been made to make the book more useful.
This book Useful for Management Student.
2. Record Of Transactions — Journal
3. The Ledger
4. The Practical System (I) : The Cash Book And Banking Transactions
5. The Practical System (II) : Sale And Purchase Of Goods
6. Trial Balance And Erros
7. Bill Of Exchange Or Hundies
8. Final Accounts
9. Consignment Accounts
10. Joint Ventures
12. Partnership Account
13. Joint Stock Companies
14. Branch And Departmental Accounts
15. Self-balancing Ledgers
16. Hire-purchase, Instalments And Royalties
17. Accounts From Incomplete Records
18. Accounts Of Non-profit Organisations
19. Amalgamation And Reconstruction Of Joint-stock Companies
20. Insolvency Accounts
21. Bank Accounts
22. Accounts Of Insurance Companies
23. Double Account System
24. Cash And Funds Flow Statements
25. Analysis Of Financial Statements Or Ratio Analysis
Multiple Choice Questions (Chapterwise)