ISO 9000 series standards have changed the whole concept of quality management methods. ISO 9001:2008 QMS standard has been implemented and ISO 9000 series standards have been adopted as national standards or endorsed for use in 178 countries and economies.
ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS) is based on eight quality management principles and there are various internal and external benefits of implementing this standard, whether or not an organization goes for certification.
This book provides the readers with an accessible and up-to-date introduction to the essentials of a quality management system, discusses what is in the ISO 9001:2008 QMS and shows how the organizations can implement this system. With the authors’ extensive experience in QMS audit, training and advisory services, the book incorporates basic information on understanding and implementing ISO 9001:2008 QMS and highlights its importance towards making quality the fundamental business principle.
The text contains plenty of practical tips and guidance on how to implement ISO 9001:2008 QMS in the real world. It discusses sample QMS procedures, emphasizes the importance of maintaining a value added internal audit system and highlights the necessity of developing the QMS documentation procedures.
Apart from the regular BBA, MBA, and diploma courses in Total Quality Management, this book is also suitable for Management Development Programmes in Quality Management and ISO 9001 offered to professionals by many of the B-schools.
This book Useful for Management, BBA students.
1 Quality and Quality Management Systems
2. Quality Management Principles
3. Step-By-Step Process for Developing and Implementing—ISO 9001:2008 QMS
4. Certification/Registration Process ISO 9001:2009 QMS
5. Quality Management System Standards—ISO 9000 Family
6. Scope and Normative Reference—ISO 9001:2008 QMS
7. General and Documentation Requirements—ISO 9001:2008 QMS
8. Management Responsibility—ISO 9001:2008 QMS
9. Resource Management—ISO 9001:2008 QMS
10. Product Realization—ISO 9001:2008 QMS
11. Measurement, Analysis and Improvement—ISO 9001:2008 QMS
12. Increasing the Power of Your QMS—Achieve Performance Excellence Through Continual Improvement
13. Adding Value to Internal QMS Audit
14. Developing QMS Documentation—ISO 9001:2008 QMS
A. Sample QMS Procedures
B. Certification Bodies in India
C. Frequently Asked Questions
D. Some Useful Websites/Blogs
E. Checklist for ISO 9001:2008 QMS (Useful for Implementation, Initial Survey and Audit Purpose Including Internal Audit)