Living Science ‘Biology’ for Class IX conforms to the latest ICSE syllabus of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. The book contains all the material which is a part of the core syllabus. Biology is about understanding how living organisms work. During the last couple of centuries, our knowledge of Biology has grown at a staggering rate.
We have written this book to give you a thorough introduction to Biology at the Secondary level. We have presented the various scientific concepts as vital, compelling and meaningful which might otherwise seem dull. Each part of this book has been carefully planned to make it student friendly and present Biology in an interesting, understandable and enjoyable manner. We have tried to stress the applications of what you are learning so that you can relate the facts to the living world.
This book Useful for class IX students.
1. Cell – The Structural and Functional Unit of Life
2. Tissues – The Building Blocks of Life
3. The Flower – Structure and Functions
4. Pollination and Fertilization
5. Germination of Seeds
6. Respiration in Plants
7. Diversity in the Living World
8. Bacteria and Fungi – Their Economic Importance
10. Tooth – Structure and Functions
11. Digestive System
12. Movement and Locomotion
13. Skin – Structure and Functions
14. The Respiratory System
15. Health and Hygiene
16. Disease – Causes and Control
17. Aids To Health
18. Health Organizations
19. Waste Generation and Management
Some Line Diagrams for Practice