A textbook is deemed effective if it is optimally useful for the teachers and students alike. With this belief, I have designed ICSE History & Civics 10 slightly differently. Every chapter is interspersed with a Section Review, to enable students to revise small sections before attempting to understand the entire chapter. It is important to note that the review section is designed on the lines of the Objective Questions set by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi.
Every chapter has a To Remember section, which recapitulates the entire chapter. The questions set by the Council have been given at the end of every chapter. This will be convenient for both teachers and students, as it would eliminate the need to look elsewhere for relevant Board questions. The Photo Study section meets the Board’s requirement of ‘picture questions’. Timeline at the end of the chapters in the History section will help students to remember important dates and events.
This book Useful for class X students.
Section A: Civics
1. The Union Legislature
2. The President and the Vice President
3. The Prime Minister and the Council of Ministers
4. The Supreme Court
5. The High Court and the Subordinate Courts
Section B: History
1. The First War of Independence
2. Rise of Nationalism and Birth of the Congress
3. Objectives and Methods of the Early Nationalists
4. Rise of the Radicals
5. Formation of the Muslim League and the Home Rule Movement
6. The National Movement (1919–1934)
7. The Quit India Movement
8. Subhas Chandra Bose and the Indian National Army
9. Independence and the Partition of India
10. The First World War (1914–1918)
11. Rise of Dictatorships and the Second World War
12. The United Nations Organization
13. Major Agencies of the United Nations
14. The Non-Aligned Movement