1. Housekeeping Organization, Functions, Staff Duties, Cleaning Equipment, Cleaning Agents, Composition Of Different Materials. Personal Attributes, And Duties And Responsibilities Of Housekeeping Staff.
2. Floor Finishes, Wall Coverings, Chambermaid’s Trolley, Public Area Cleaning, Key Control, Relationship With Other Department, Cleaning Procedure Etc.
3. Knowledge Textile, Inventory Taking And Record Keeping, Public Area, Laundering, Stain Removal, Linen Control
4. Training and Hiring of Staff, Job Description, Rota and Manuals, Induction Programs, Purchasing and Budgeting, Contract Cleaning, Emergencies, Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting, Safety Awareness, Procedures Concerning Safety, First aid Boxes, Dealing with Sick Guests & Sanitation, Special Arrangements & Facilities for Handicapped Guests (Physically Challenged Guests). Water and Air Pollution.
5. Importance of Décor, Lighting, Floor Wall Coverings, Flower Arrangement Accessories, Layout of Rooms and Suites, How Physical Layout Affects System, Personal Qualities of Housekeeping Management Personnel, Housekeeping as a Department Industries to a Different Set of Conditions Like Hospital, Country Club and Multiplex. Variable of Opening a New Hotel, Horticulture, Types of Rooms.
6. Planning Trends in Housekeeping, Planning of Building, Rooms Suites, Lounges, Energy Conservation Methods, Eco-friendly Concept in Housekeeping, Planning and Organizing Housekeeping Department, Special Provisions for Handicapped Guests, Situation Handling and Service Design, Housekeeping Areas and Areas of Housekeeping Department’s Responsibilities, Role of Housekeeping Department, Amenities and Facilities for Standard and VIP Guest Rooms, Linen, Uniform and Tailor Room, Handling of Clean Linen, Linen Room Equipment and Accessories, Tailor Room, Job Description of Linen and Uniform Attendant in Respect of Exchange of Linen, Types of Linen, Sizes, Linen Exchange Procedures, Selection of Linen, Inventory Control of Linen.
7. Types of Hotel, Hotel Chain Association
8. Rules on the Guest Floor and Housekeeping Supervision, Practices, Hazards, Outdoor Housekeeping
9. Sample Question Papers