Herbal Drug Technology by Dr. Md. Rageeb Md. Usman, Mr. Vaibhav M. Darvhekar, Dr. Akhila S., Dr. Vijay Kumar D.
This book having title “A Practical Book of Herbal Drug Technology” (As Per PCI Regulations). Herbal medicine has been used throughout history and within every culture to prevent and treat diseases. In any individual culture, the materials used were those that were available within the geographical location and addressed local health concerns.
The subject gives to the student the knowledge of basic understanding of herbal drug industry, the quality of raw material, guidelines for quality of herbal drugs, herbal cosmetics, natural sweeteners, nutraceutical etc. The subject also emphasizes on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), patenting and regulatory issues of herbal drugs.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Pharma Student.
Table of Content:
1. To perform preliminary phytochemical screening of crude drugs.
2. Determination of the alcohol content of Asava and Arista
3. Evaluation of excipients of natural origin
4. Incorporation of prepared and standardized extract in cosmetic formulations like creams, lotions and shampoos and their evaluation
5. Incorporation of prepared and standardized extract in formulations like syrups, mixtures and tablets and their evaluation as per Pharmacopoeial requirements
6. Monograph analysis of herbal drugs from recent Pharmacopoeias
7. Determination of Aldehyde content
8. Determination of Phenol content
9. Determination of total alkaloids.