Bioethics And Biosafety by M K Sateesh
This volume contains invited lectures presented at the Sixteenth International Conference of Indian Association of Palliative Care held at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (Feb. 13-15, 2009). The objective is to improve knowledge-base and clinical skills in addressing the issues of pain in Cancer and HIV/AIDS patients. Spread in 13 main sections this volume is a collection of 49 invited lectures provided by practicing doctors, research scientists and academicians from more than 21 countries.
Audience of the Book :
|They are of special interest to Medical students.|
The main features of the book are as follows:
1.Palliative care giver in the field of Cancer Pain Management and Palliative Care of the terminally sick patients.
2.Post graduate students, Residents and Interns in a Cancer or HIV/AID center.
3.On duty doctors/ nurses in an ICU/pain ward/day care center.
4.care givers at Old Age homes. This collection of invited lectures will definitely offer insight of new perspectives and directions in this socially relevant and desirable area of Pain and Palliative Care.
Table of Contents:
1. Cadaveric Workshop
2. Pain Relief : Human Right
3. Palliative Care Update-across The Globe
4. Oral Morphine-myths/misconception/availability
5. Project Kiran
6. Financial Pain
7. Psychological Issues In Pain Management
8. Essential Learning In Palliative Care
9. Difficult Pain
10. Paediatric Palliative Care
11. Additional Required Learning In Palliative Care
12. Recent Advances In Cancer Pain Management
13. Role Of Various Oncological Therapies In Pain Management